Best and Worst of the 2011 Academy Awards
Has it started yet?
We might have missed the beginning of the subtle opening to the 83rd Academy Awards, but it isn't our fault. When the commercials ended and the movie countdown peppered with the films began, it took us a second to realize the show started. Then hosts James Franco and Anne Hathaway finally made an appearance -- inserted into Alec Baldwin's dream, an elevator with Morgan Freeman and in the Oscar-nominated films thanks to the magic of television. We loved Franco and Hathaway's Lowell accents from "The Fighter" and the brown duck spoof had us actually laughing out loud.
- Academy Awards 2011: Behind the scenes
- 'The King's Speech': The triumph of Hollywood conservative values
- Academy Awards 2011: Red carpet arrivals
- Six artists present their takes on the Oscars
- Academy Awards 2011: Scene and heard
- Kirk Douglas' laughs and Melissa Leo's gaffe
- Oscars: Technology puts everyone on stage